Cute Spinning Flower Blue

Thursday 18 July 2013

A BITTER-SWEET DISASTER: MISSING QUALCOMM ATHEROS AR5BWB222 WIRELESS NETWORK ADAPTER

WHAT IS THE WORSE THING THAT COULD HAPPEN TO YOU? Well, mine’s definitely suffering from the loss of Qualcomm Atheros Network Adapter.
I woke up this morning, opened my ACER Notebook, when suddenly a REGCLEAN PRO window appeared, showing scanned a total of 1584 registry errors. I did what I usually do – click FIX issue to resolve this problem. It took a while though. I thought that I have to defrag my registry, and yes I did. (also using REGCLEAN PRO).
About a minute, my notebook resumed, the registry defrag begun. Then I realized that I couldn’t connect to our WI-FI connection, even my phone’s mobile data through portable WI-FI hotspot. It took me hours searching the solutions. Luckily, my Facebook friend (Md Nazlie) guided me with step by step instruction, I finally able to solve this! Syukur Alhamdulillah~
I only have to go this website http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers to search compatible driver for my notebook. As you can see on the screenshot below, there are two available drivers.

capture-20130719-141703

I downloaded the Atheros driver. In my notebook Device Manager, I uninstalled the existing network adapter and continued to execute driver installing. However, it turned out that Broadcom driver was being installed instead! I’m pretty sure I clicked the Atheros driver download button.

capture-20130719-140904

But it doesn’t matter anyway, as long as I finally have my internet connection back! One thing I want to share. I THINK THIS “SOLVED PROBLEM” IS MY FIRST BIRTHDAY PRESENT! Hahahaa~  I’m really grateful. Below is a picture from my GOOGLE browser~ I can’t help saying that it’s cute :)

2013-07-19 14.03.24


3 comments: